Five Nights At Freddy’s is a popular American horror game series that has continued the gamers ever since the first installation of the game was released in 2014. While the game started out as a simple game with a few basic controls, it has since become a major franchise, spanning multiple games in multiple genres, spin-offs, books, and even a movie in the works. If you’ve never played this game, you’ll want to know how to go about starting this game series. In this article, you’ll get to know all about it.
Play Five Nights at Freddy’s according to the release order
Five Nights at Freddy’s is a game series that spans over nine mainland titles, with each one of them continuing the story of the game while also expanding on the gameplay mechanics. These games have been released over a time period of 8 years, giving the users a brand new FNAF game almost every year. Here are the FNAF games in the order of release –
- Five Nights at Freddy’s in 2014
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 in 2014
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 in 2015
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 4 in 2015
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Sister Location in 2016
- Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator in 2017
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted in 2019
- FNAF: Special Delivery in 2019
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach in 2021
Play Five Nights at Freddy’s in chronological order of the story
The storyline of Five Nights at Freddy’s is very complicated and not the easiest thing that new players can instantly pick up. Each new game released comes with new details of the story, some of them even include retcons and additions to past information that changes the narrative completely. For players who love following the story, experiencing these games in chronological order will be the best way of taking the game’s lore in.
The Five Nights at Freddy’s in chronological order are –
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 4 – Originally meant to be the ending of the FNAF franchise, this installation takes place in 1983 and serves as a disjointed prequel to the FNAF franchise. Without spoiling the storyline for you, this game will be best experienced first if you’re looking to experience the FNAF story in order.
- FNAF 2 – Putting the user in the shoes of Jeremy Fitzgerald, this installation of the game takes place in 1987. The game sets up at the core of the story and is one of the most important parts of the game series story-wise.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s Sister Location – This installment sets up more of the history of the game’s animatronics. It will also expand upon the story of a few important characters and a lot of what is set up here will be needed to understand the later games.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s – The original Five Nights at Freddy’s is a bit short on lore but chronologically, this installation fits best between the FNAF: Sister Location and FNAF 3.
- FNAF 3: FNAF 3 is the installation that takes place long after Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria closes down. This installation finally reveals the name of the antagonist in the series while also delving into their story.
- Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator – It is almost impossible to talk about this installment without spoiling the story of the game’s franchise. This game will serve as a solid ending point for chapter one of the story while setting you up for the next few games.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s Help Wanted – This is the next installment and it’ll act as the setup for the final release.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Special Delivery – Help Wanted and Special Delivery can be combined into one as they’re the setup for Security Breach. They will set up the foundations of the game’s final plot, marking the return of the game series’ antagonist.
- FNAF: Security Breach – Both of the newest installments and the latest part of the series, Security Breach will serve as an amazing bookend to the series with the hidden True Ending. While this game can easily mark the end of the game’s franchise, a few other games have done the same thing. It is widely believed that more FNAF games could be a possibility.