Download and Install Galaxy A6 2018 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update | Build number A600GDXU1ARE2: Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 model has been getting regular updates from the manufacturer since its release. This time it is getting the latest May 2018 security patch update with patch date of May 1st, 2018. The update is currently rolling in India.
If you are Galaxy A6 2018 user, you may have received the May Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks. The Update is being rolled in few regions and will take some time to be available across the globe.
The Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 comes equipped with a 5.5-inches Super AMOLED infinity display with a screen resolution of 720P. It is powered by 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Cortex-A5 Exynos 7870 Octa coupled with 3GB/4GB of RAM variants. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 sports a 16MP rear Camera and 16MP front camera with LED flash. The Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 runs on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in May 2018 which comes with May 1 security patch update. This update comes with other bug fixes and stability improvements and you should get some improvements in the speed of the phone also. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Galaxy A6 2018 which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Manually Update Galaxy A6 2018 To A600GDXU1ARE2 May 2018 Security Patch
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
- First Navigate to Apps > Settings
- Tap on search and look for Software updates and click on that
- Now enable Download updates automatically so that software will be downloaded automatically in future. Now to manual download click on Download updates manually.
- If a system update is available, download and install the update by following the on-screen prompts.
- Galaxy A6 2018 A600GDXU1ARE2 May 2018 Security Patch
- Android version: 8.0
- Security patch level (SPL): May 1, 2018
- Baseband version: A600GDXU1ARE2
- Region: India
- Network: Unlocked
Download Galaxy A6 2018 A600GDXU1ARE2 May 2018 Security Update
How To Install Galaxy A6 2018 A600GDXU1ARE2 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume Up Power home (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy Note 5
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.