A new update with January 2023 security patch update has been rolled out to Samsung Galaxy M53 5G in India. New firmware is tagged with build version number M536BXXU2BWA2. The update is being rolled out in a phased manner via an OTA update.
The update brings Maintenance mode and January 2023 security patch to the device. This is an important update as it addresses any known security vulnerabilities and ensures that your device is protected against potential threats.
FYI, Samsung Galaxy M53 5G smartphone received Android 13 and One UI 5.0 in early December 2022. So this the second update for the device in just 1 month time.
Steps to Enable Maintenance Mode
Maintenance mode can be enabled in Settings -> Device care for repairs and hide personal data.
Galaxy Z Fold 3 / Z Flip 3 in US also getting the January 2023 security update
Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 in the US also receiving January 2023 security software update with firmware versions F926U1UEU2EWA2 and F711U1UEU3EWA2 respectively.
Steps to Check/download January 2023 security patch update
To install the new firmware update on your Galaxy device, simply go to the system Settings -> Software update and tap on “Download and install.” The process is straightforward and should only take a few minutes.
1. If the update is not yet available on your device, just wait a little longer 🕰
2. Alternatively, you can download the firmware manually by following our guide 📝
3. To do so, you will need to find the correct Samsung Galaxy stock firmware for your device 🔍
4. You can find the firmware on the official Samsung website or other reliable sources online 🌐. Else you can download the firmware manually by following our guide: Where and how to download Samsung Galaxy stock firmware
5. Once you have found the firmware, download it to your device 🤳
6. Follow the instructions provided here to install the firmware on your device 💻
7. After installation, you should be able to enjoy the latest update 🎉
Regularly updating your Galaxy device is essential for security. Keeping the device up to date with the latest version of the software ensures that your device is secure and protected against potential dangers.