Samsung has been doing excellent work in providing security patch updates every month. Now Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ users in Europe have started getting G950FXXS7DTA6 and G955FXXS7DTA6 firmware update respectively.
The updates are currently rolling in some European countries like Austria, UK, Italy, Germany Spain and Switzerland. The new updates bring the latest February 2020 security patch to Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
These regular Security updates are very important to keep your device safe and secure. Security patches address vulnerabilities in the operating system. So we always recommend users to keep your device and apps up to date. The update also brings stability and performance improvements to the device. The update is based on Android 9 Pie
About Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus G950FXXS7DTA6 and G955FXXS7DTA February 2020 Security Patch
The OTA has been rolled out in some European countries (mentioned above). This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in February 2020 Security. The update brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. It also brings stability and performance improvements. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
- Device Name: Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
- Model: SM-G950F and SM-G955F
- Region: Europe
- Android version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Baseband Version: G950FXXS7DTA6 and G955FXXS7DTA
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st February 2020
- Flashing Tool: Odin Flash Tool
Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ to G950FXXS7DTA6 and G955FXXS7DTA6 February 2020 Security Patch
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so kindly proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Download Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus G950FXXS7DTA6 and G955FXXS7DTA Update
Follow our guide: Where and How To Download Samsung Galaxy Stock Firmware
How To Install Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus February 2020 Security Patch Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Samsung Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining