Finally, Google Pixel 2 Camera has been ported to Xiaomi 5A which means users can use Portrait Mode On Redmi 5A with Google Pixel 2 Camera Port. We all know that Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes with a decent camera for the price but you can improve the picture quality by installing Pixel 2 Camera for Redmi 5A
About Xiaomi Redmi 5A
Xiaomi Redmi 5A is an entry range Android smartphone launched in October 2017. It comes equipped with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels. The device is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. It has 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Redmi 5A runs Android 7.1.2 Nougat out of the box with MIUI skin at the top and houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
For the price, Xiaomi has done a great job in the camera department on this device. The Redmi 5A sports a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera for selfies. But if you are not happy with the stock camera and want to have more features and better quality, then follow this guide to Install Google Pixel 2 Camera Port On Xiaomi Redmi 5A
Why Install Google Pixel 2 Camera Port?
We all know that Google’s Pixel 2 has the best cameras on the market right now. One of the best features of Pixel 2 camera is its app. Google Pixel 2 Camera app is very clean and has only the important features. The app runs smoothly and takes picture loads faster than the Xiaomi camera app.
One of the highlighted features of Google Pixel 2 camera is its Portrait mode. Pixel 2’s portrait mode is considered as the best in mobile. Google has achieved this with a single camera. So now Redmi 5A users can also Get Portrait Mode On Redmi 5A with Google Pixel 2 Camera Port.
- Make sure that Redmi 5A is rooted. Guide: How to Root Redmi 5A and Install TWRP Recovery
- You need to have a build prop editor.
Download Google Pixel 2 Camera Mod for Redmi 5A
How to Install Google Pixel 2 Camera Port On Redmi 5A
- Download the Google Pixel 2 Camera Port APK from the download link above and transfer the APK file to your phone.
- Now Open a Build Prop Editor on your android device.
- Now just add the following line to the file
- Once you have added the line, save the build.prop file and reboot your device.
- Once your device is booted up, install the downloaded Google Pixel 2 Camera Port just like any other apk.
- Once the installation is done, Open Google Camera > Settings > HDR+ Settings > Select Nexus 5X.
- In the same page, scroll down > Go to Advanced > Enable HDR+ Control.
We hope this guide will be helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave those in the comment section down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page