Honor is sending a new software update to Honor Play, Honor Play 4T Pro, and Honor V30 Pro. The latest build incorporates the December 2021 security patch that fixes dozens of system security and privacy-related vulnerabilities.
Honor Play is reportedly receiving the latest update with the firmware version HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206, an upgrade from HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11. According to the changelog, it brings several optimizations and fixes, in addition to the December 2021 security patch. It includes display optimizations, improvements to unlocking experience, and a fix to an issue regarding the Huawei ID.
The list of changes for Honor Play 4T Pro’s latest update does not include anything more than just the December 2021 security patch. It upgrades HarmonyOS 2 version 18.104.22.168 to version 22.214.171.124. It’s a minor security patch update that does not bring anything like performance improvements, new features or UI changes.
Honor Play, Honor Play 4T Pro, and Honor V30 Pro have already started picking up the December 2021 security patch update. If you own any of these devices and still haven’t received the update yet, then manually install it using one of the methods mentioned at the bottom of this article.
- Improves Unlocking experience
- Optimizes Display
- Fixes issue regarding Huawei ID
- Incorporate the December 2021 security patch
[Honor Play 4T Pro]
- Integrates security patches released in December 2021 for improved system security.
[Honor V30 Pro]
- Optimize the compatibility of Bluetooth with some devices.
- Optimize the user experience of smart multi-window.
- Optimize the compatibility of Huawei Printing and some third-party applications.
- Optimize the system stability in some scenarios.
- Incorporate the December 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system.
How to install the latest update
Via Settings app:
- Open Settings app
- Go to System & updates -> Software update
- Tap on Check for Updates
- Hit the Download and Install button
- Reboot the phone
Via My Huawei app:
- Open My Huawei app
- Tap on Update
- Now, tap on the Download and Install button
- Reboot the phone