Jio 5G services have already started rolling out in India. The Telecom giant has only introduced this service in a few regions for now and it’ll be followed by a wider rollout in the coming months. It won’t be until December 2023 that every city and town in the country gets the 5G network. Be that as it may, the revolutionary Jio 5G will be based on a standalone network and it’s rated to deliver speeds of up to 1Gbps. While you don’t necessarily require a new Jio SIM to use 5G, you will be needed to manually enable 5G on your smartphone. In this guide, you will get to know how to activate Jio 5G on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO devices without OTA.
What is Jio 5G?
Jio 5G is a standalone (SA)-based fifth-gen cellular connectivity that promises low latency and impressive speed. It is believed to be superior to the non-standalone (NSA) network, which relies on the existing 4G infrastructure for offering 5G services. The standalone 5G technology is built from the ground up and doesn’t actually rely on the existing cellular infrastructure. This gives Jio 5G a massive edge over its competitors in terms of speed, stability, and coverage.
Jio 5G is initially available in select cities, including Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Varanasi, Hyderabad, Pune, and more. If you’re living in one of these cities, only then can you experience the Jio 5G connectivity option.
How to Force Enable Jio 5G on Xiaomi / Redmi/ Poco smartphones
- First, switch off the Wi-Fi connection and enable Mobile Data
- Go to the Dialer and dial the number *#*#726633#*#*
- Your device will display the message “Show 5G network mode selection”
- Head over to your device’s settings and select the “SIM Cards & Mobile Networks” option
- Click on “Advanced Settings”
- Scroll down and you will find the option “Select 5G Network Mode”
- Tap on the option and enable “NSA” or “SA + NSA” whichever option is available for your device
- Go to Google Play Store and search for the app “Netmonitor”
- Install the app and open it
- In the menu, select the Services Menu
- Go to Phone Info and tap it
- You will get a number of network options, you must select “Set Preferred Network”
- After that find the option “NR Only” mode and tap it
- Go back to the Service Menu and select the “Hidden Menu” option
- In the selection option, you should enable “LTE B1 Preferred” or any other band
- Congrats, 5G network is enabled on your Xiaomi phone
We hope that with this guide, you will be able to force activate or enable 5G on Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco device. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.
Special thanks to: @Technobuzznet