How to Boot into Xiaomi Mi 5s Bootloader/Fastboot Mode: Xiaomi Mi 5s smartphone was launched in 2016, September. The Xiaomi Mi 5s was the smaller variant of Xiaomi Mi 5s. The Xiaomi Mi 5s comes with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) out of the box which is upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Nougat is the last official update for the device.
It comes equipped with a 5.15-inch Full HD display. It sports a 12MP Primary camera on the rear side and 4MP front-facing camera. The device is powered by a Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor with 4GB of RAM. It houses a 3200 mAh battery which is non-removable.
In all the Android devices, you will find a crucial feature called the bootloader mode. Each and every device comes with both the Recovery (stock) and the bootloader mode. This mode will allow a user to perform tasks like flashing/modifying the system partitions, unlocking the bootloader, different OEM level operations, installing TWRP or other custom recoveries, and more. This part is basically the fun part where you get to tinker with the settings and give your device a brand new outlook.
Today, in this post, we will be sharing with you how to boot your Xiaomi Mi 5s Bootloader/Fastboot mode. There are two methods using which you can boot into Xiaomi Mi 5s Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
Steps To Enter Xiaomi Mi 5s Bootloader/Fastboot Mode
There are two ways which can help you to boot into Xiaomi Mi 5s Bootloader / Fastboot Mode 1) Using Power and Volume Keys 2) fastboot commands via Computer
#1 Using Hardware Keys
Follow the given steps to boot into Xiaomi Mi 5s Bootloader by hardware buttons
- You have to Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Now tap the Power Off option when the Power Menu appears
- Now you have to Wait for the Xiaomi 6 to completely turn off
- Then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time
- Continue holding these two buttons down until you boot into Fastboot Mode
#2 Using PC fastboot Commands
If you want to boot Xiaomi Mi 5s into bootloader mode from your PC, then follow the linked guide below
Note: Make sure you have installed your device USB drivers on your PC and You have install ADB and Fastboot Drivers On PC
- Connect your android to your PC with USB cable
- Now go to ADB & fastboot folder and Open the command window there(Right click on the empty space inside the folder then select “Open command window here” or “Open PowerShell Window Here” option to launch a command window
- Now reboot into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
If you have anything related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down