How to Boot into Xiaomi Redmi 6 Bootloader/Fastboot Mode: Xiaomi is known for its entry-level and budget Android devices as they offer the best value for money. Xiaomi’s entry-level smartphone, Xiaomi Redmi 6 was launched in June 2018. Xiaomi Redmi 6A was also launched with this device. The phone comes equipped with a 5.45-inch touchscreen display (720 pixels by 1440P). The Xiaomi Redmi 6 houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery and it is a great thing considering the device only has a 720P display. The device can easily last a whole day.
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 is powered by a 2GHz quad-core Mediatek Helio A22 processor (12nm) coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The device runs Android 8.1 Oreo at the top of Xiaomi’s MIUI 9.0. The Xiaomi Redmi 6 sports a 12-megapixel (f/2.2) primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front camera.
In all the Android devices, you will find a crucial feature called the bootloader mode. Each and every device comes with both the Recovery (stock) and the bootloader mode. This mode will allow a user to perform tasks like flashing/modifying the system partitions, unlocking the bootloader, different OEM level operations, installing TWRP or other custom recoveries, and more. This part is basically the fun part where you get to tinker with the settings and give your device a brand new outlook.
Today, in this post, we will be sharing with you how to boot your Xiaomi Redmi 6 Bootloader/Fastboot mode. There are two methods using which you can boot into Xiaomi Redmi 6 Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
Steps To Enter Xiaomi Redmi 6 Bootloader/Fastboot Mode
There are two ways which can help you to boot into Xiaomi Redmi 6 Bootloader / Fastboot Mode 1) Using Power and Volume Keys 2) fastboot commands via Computer
#1 Using Hardware Keys
Follow the given steps to boot into Xiaomi Redmi 6 Bootloader by hardware buttons
- You have to Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Now tap the Power Off option when the Power Menu appears
- Now you have to Wait for the Xiaomi 6 to completely turn off
- Then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time
- Continue holding these two buttons down until you boot into Fastboot Mode
#2 Using PC fastboot Commands
If you want to boot Xiaomi Redmi 6 into bootloader mode from your PC, then follow the linked guide below
- Connect your android to your PC with USB cable
- Now go to ADB & fastboot folder and Open the command window there(Right click on the empty space inside the folder then select “Open command window here” or “Open PowerShell Window Here” option to launch a command window
- Now reboot into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Check fastboot connectivity by giving the command below.If your device is connected properly then it should return device code.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section