Zoom is an app designed for video calls where everyone on the line can communicate and talk to each other through the live camera feed of their face. But there are times when you’d rather want to keep your camera off.
This is why Zoom will allow you to pick a profile picture, which shows up whenever the camera is turned off. It is an amazing way of keeping a professional look without having to turn on your camera.
You can easily add or change your Zoom profile picture. If you want the latter, then you’re in the right place. In this guide, you will get to know how to change your Zoom profile picture.
How to change your Zoom profile picture through the desktop app
These steps will work for both PC and Mac desktop apps. Follow these steps to change the Zoom desktop app.
- Open Zoom and then log into your account if you haven’t done so already
- Click on the current icon in the top-right corner before selecting Settings
- Choose Profile in the left sidebar before clicking on your current profile picture
- Now, click on Change Picture before picking the new profile picture from your computer
- Lastly, resize it and then click Save
Alternatively, if you are in a meeting, you should hover your mouse over your profile picture before clicking on the three dots that appear in the corner. Lastly, you should click on Edit Profile Picture. The pop-up will allow you to pick up a new photo that appears immediately.
How to change the profile picture on the mobile app?
This method will work for both Android and Apple Zoom apps, so you should follow these steps –
- Open the Zoom app before logging into your account
- Then, tap the Settings option in the bottom-right corner before tapping your account name at the top of the screen
- After that, tap on Profile Photo
- Choose whether you’re going to take a new photo or pick out one from the existing photos
- Pick or take the new photo and crop it
- Lastly, press “Done”