The Chinese giant Huawei is known for its performance and camera-specific devices that run on EMUI (Emotion UI) that is the custom skin based on Android. The EMUI runs on Huawei and Honor devices as an official stock ROM by default. Last year in August, Huawei has announced its 10th generation of EMUI version called EMUI 10 (Android 10) at the HDC 2019 (Huawei Developer Conference).
Then Google has released the official stable Android 10 version in September and the EMUI 10 beta program was announced for plenty of eligible Huawei and Honor devices. Now, after a couple of months, Huawei has started rolling out its stable Android 10 update to a couple of devices. So, if you’re also interested in updating to the EMUI 10, then check out How to Download and Install EMUI 10 Update for supported Huawei devices.
Huawei has started pushing the stable EMUI 10 (Android 10) update for its flagship devices like the Huawei P30, Mate 20, Honor 20 series, Mate 30 series smartphones. Meanwhile, the rest of the models will soon receive the Android 10 update. Now, let’s take a look at the EMUI 10 features below:
EMUI 10 Features (Android 10)
- Improved App icons
- Dark Mode
- Magazine-styled theme
- Morandi Color
- Performance Improvements
- Upgraded GPU Turbo mode
- Multi-screen mode
- Improved swipe gesture & smoother animations
- Minimal Layout
- Accelerated Switch
- Improved Security measures
- This guide works with all Huawei and Honor devices running on the latest EMUI 9 or higher.
- The phone should not have root access.
- Maintain at least the 70% battery level on your device.
- Ensure there is sufficient internal storage available.
- Take a full backup of the device.
- Download and Install the HiSuite software on your computer.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network to download the package.
Note: This update process works only with devices for which Huawei has released the stable EMUI 10 (Android 10) update via OTA.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please DO NOT proceed.
How to Download and Install EMUI 10 Update for supported Huawei devices
Method 1: Update via Settings
This is one of the simplest methods to update your Huawei phone to EMUI 10 ROM. Users need to go to Settings – System – Software update – Check for updates. If the update available, tap on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL. The EMUI 10 firmware will be automatically downloaded and installed on your Huawei device.
Method 2: Update via HiCare
- Download and install the latest version of the HiCare app on your device.
Method 3: Update via HiSuite
Huawei HiSuite is an official Android Smart Device Manager tool. It lets you connect your Huawei and Honor device to Windows/Mac PC using a USB cable. However, it doesn’t require any USB Driver to be installed on your computer. It performs to take a backup & restore, make a system recovery and updating the device to the latest software version. Check the steps to do it.
- Download the HiSuite on your PC from the requirements above.
- Connect your Huawei phone with the PC using a USB cable.
- Launch the HiSuite tool on your PC.
- Now, you will see the device model number which is connected.
- Click on the Update at the bottom right corner of the interface.
- The tool will start searching for the latest EMUI 10 updates. If available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- Once done, your Huawei device will automatically boot into the latest EMUI 10 firmware.
- That’s it.
Keep visiting the blog for more info and guides.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.