The AirPrint feature is a technology that helps you create full-quality printed output directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac without the need to download or install additional drivers. Most popular printer manufacturers have already embedded this feature into their products.
However, things aren’t all rosy as many users have been facing the AirPrint Printer Not Working issue. This issue is popping up after installing the new iOS 17 build. The brands mainly affected by this issue include Canon, Dell, and Brother among others.
If you’re experiencing this issue and want to know the workarounds, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix AirPrint Printer Not Working on iOS 17.
How to fix AirPrint Printer Not Working on iOS 17
Method 1: Turn off the VPN
One of the most common reasons for this issue is the VPN being enabled on your iPhone. It is recommended that you should turn off the VPN by following these steps and check out the results –
- Go to Settings -> General -> VPN and Device Management
- Turn off the toggle beside your VPN
- Once done, restart your device and check if the AirPrint Printer Not Working issue is resolved
Method 2: Update the printer firmware
For some users, updating the printer devices to the latest version did the job. You need to go to your printer manufacturer’s support page and get hold of the latest build of these drivers. Then, install them on your PC straight away. Lastly, check if the AirPrint Printer Not Working issue is fixed.
Method 3: Reset the Network Settings
If none of these methods worked, your last resort should be to reset the network settings back to the default state. Here is what you should do –
- Head over to Settings -> General
- Then, you should go to Transfer or Reset iPhone
- Now, select the “Reset” option
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings”
- Re-connect to your Wi-Fi network
- Check if the AirPrint Not Working issue is resolved