Diablo IV is an exciting multiplayer online role-playing game that came out in June 2023 by Blizzard Entertainment. In this game, the players will be able to engage in combat with different demonic entities in the land of Sanctuary, which is a dark and gothic fantasy.
The game features a new plot that is centered around Lilith, the daughter of Mephisto, one of the Prime Evils and it takes place several years after the events of Diablo III. However, the game is far from perfect and there are a few issues here and there. One of those issues is the High Memory Usage bug.
If you’re experiencing this issue, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix High Memory Usage bug in Diablo IV.
How to fix High Memory Usage bug in Diablo IV
Method 1: Check memory usage of Diablo IV
First, you need to check for the memory usage of Diablo IV for identify if the issue is occurring due to the memory usage. Here is how to do that –
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys for opening the Task Manager
- Click on the “Performance” tab before clicking on “Memory”
- Here, you will find the amount of RAM being used by Diablo IV, which may help you fix the High Memory Usage bug
Method 2: Reboot the PC
Restarting your PC after classing the running programs is recommended to make sure that there is no issue with the system glitch or cache data. At times, a temporary glitch could be causing multiple issues with the program running.
Method 3: Close other background tasks
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open “Task Manager”
- After that, click on “Processes” and then click on the respective task to select
- Then, you should click on “End Task” and do the same steps for other tasks as well
- Once it is done, close Task Manager and then reboot the PC
- Check if the High Memory Usage bug is resolved
Method 4: Update the game
- Open the Battle.net launcher
- Then, click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner
- Head over to Settings and then click on Game Install/Update
- After that, you should select the option “Apply latest updates and download future path data for recently played games” for enabling it
- Click on “Done” for saving the changes and then restart the Battle.net launcher for applying the changes
- It will update the game to the available version
Method 5: Repair game files
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC and click on the “Diablo IV” game
- Then, you should click on “Options” and then select “Scan and Repair”
- Choose “Begin Scan” and then wait for the entire process to complete
- Once it is done, close the Battle.net launcher and then restart your PC
Pic credit – www.xboxnews.com