In normal use case scenarios, you’ll just have to type in the Wi-Fi password when you’re connecting to the network for the first time. Once you have done that, the password will then get saved. From that point, your iPhone will automatically connect to the network or upon a manual selection from your end.
However, many people seem to be having issues with this functionality. Users are getting the iPhone Forgets Saved Wi-Fi Network issue. In this issue, their iPhone tends to forget the saved Wi-Fi password at random times.
If you’re facing a similar issue, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix iPhone forgets saved Wi-Fi network.
How to fix iPhone forgets saved Wi-Fi network?
Method 1: Forget and reconnect
- To start off, you need to go to Settings -> Wi-Fi
- After that, tap on the info button beside Wi-Fi
- Now, you should select the “Forget this Network” feature before selecting “Forget”
- Reconnect to this network and then check if the iPhone forgets saved Wi-Fi network issue is resolved
Method 2: Restart router
Next, you need to try to restart the router such that you can refresh the underlying network settings. To do that, you should switch it off and then unplug it from the power socket too. Wait for a minute or two and then plug it back in. Let your device connect to the Wi-Fi network and check if the connection is established or not.
Method 3: Switch to 5GHz
Next, you need to consider switching to 5GHz rather than 2.4GHz. Now, see if the iPhone forgets saved Wi-Fi network issue is fixed or not.
Method 4: Toggle auto join
- To start off, you’ll need to go to Settings -> Wi-Fi
- After that, tap on the info button beside “Wi-Fi”
- Disable the toggle next to “Auto Join”
- Wait for a few seconds before re-enabling it
Method 5: Reset the network
- To start off, go to Settings -> General
- After that, go to Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset
- Now, tap on “Reset Network Settings
- Re-connect to your Wi-Fi network
- Check if the iPhone forgets saved Wi-Fi network issue is resolved