Multiplayer gaming on consoles has never been that easy. Whether talking about inevitable subscription charges or complex networking, the consoles always get the worst side of things. A new type of problem has been disturbing Roblox players and it is the error code 901 or also known as Authentication Error.
This error will make your game unplayable on Xbox consoles. In this guide, you will get to know different methods to fix Roblox Error Code 901 on Xbox.
How to fix Roblox Error Code 901 on Xbox
Method 1: Check the Roblox server status
When Roblox’s server is undergoing maintenance or experiencing unexpected downtime, it can sometimes cause a bunch of errors, including the error code 901. You can go to the official Roblox status webpage and find if the servers are fully functional. While the server is down, all that you can do is wait for the server to return online. However, in case it is fully functional, then one of the solutions mentioned below will help.
Method 2: Use the appropriate username
- Avoid including inappropriate words or phrases in the username
- Your username shouldn’t be having your personal information including phone numbers, real names, addresses, street names, etc.
- Every username needs to be at least 3 characters long and at maximum have 20 characters
- The characters in your username must be alphanumeric (A-Z, 0-9)
Method 3: Update Roblox
Sometimes, Roblox error codes could appear if your game isn’t up to date. In that case, you just require a reliable internet connection to update your game from the Xbox Store. Keeping Roblox up-to-date will ensure that it remains bug-free and prevents any errors from occurring.
Method 4: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox
- First, head over to the My Games and Apps section on your Xbox
- Now, select Roblox and press the menu button on your controller to get a pop-up menu on the screen
- After that, choose the Manage Games and Add-Ons option
- Now, use the Uninstall All button once prompted to completely remove Roblox from the device
- With Roblox uninstalled, you will have to reinstall it from the Xbox store
- Alternatively, you can even find it in the “ready to install” section of the library
Method 5: Reboot your Xbox
- First, you need to press and hold the Xbox (logo) button on the controller or the Xbox itself
- Select the “Restart console” option on the screen
- This reboots the console and solves the Roblox error 910 if the console was facing any issues
Overall, the 901 error code is a one-time issue that can be easily fixed. After doing so, you can invite your friends to join you in some of the best Roblox multiplayer experiences. Are you facing any other issues while playing Roblox? Please let us know in the comment section down below.