Nothing Phone 2 is the second iteration of the Nothing lineup and it brings in a bunch of noteworthy features and much-needed improvements over its predecessor. Further, it also performs quite well in the custom development department with numerous custom ROMs and recoveries making their way.
However, this wouldn’t matter if you weren’t able to install the monthly OTA updates and security patches. This is something many users are facing as they’re complaining of the Update Error 20 on their Nothing Phone 2 when trying to install the updates.
If you’re experiencing the same issue, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix Update Error 20 in Nothing Phone 2.
How to fix Update Error 20 in Nothing Phone 2?
As a result of this issue, the users aren’t able to enjoy the latest OS update, which can be concerning from a security point of view. Moreover, you may also end up missing out on nifty features. The culprit behind the Update Error 20 is the TWRP Recovery. To resolve this issue, you need to remove the custom recovery and replace it with the stock one. Once it is done, install the update and head over to TWRP. Here are the steps to follow –
- To start off, you need to download and extract the Fastboot Enhance on your computer
- After that, download the same firmware installed on your device
- Then, you should be loading the firmware’s payload.bin file to the Fastboot Enhance Tool
- Extract the recovery.img and then send it to the platform-tools folder
- Boot your handset to Fastboot Mode using adb reboot bootloader
- Now, you should launch Command Prompt inside this folder before typing in the following command –
fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
- Type the following command to boot your handset to the OS –
- TWRP will now be replaced by stock recovery and you can install the OTA updates
- Once it is done, you can reinstall the desired custom recovery