The latest iteration of the Pixel lineup has brought forth many new features compared to its predecessor including a new Tensor chipset, the Face Unlock feature, and many new camera goodies. Aside from that, both the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro come with support for wireless charging and reverse charging too.
The Pixel 7 can give you up to 20W reverse charging while the Pixel 7 Pro will give you up to 2W reverse charging via any Qi-certified charger. When talking about reverse wireless charging, they can support up to 5W. However, as it has been documented in the past, the Pixel smartphones have been facing wireless charging since getting the Android 13 update. In this guide, you’ll get to know how to fix wireless charging not working in Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro.
How to fix wireless charging not working in Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro issue
Method 1: Delete the data from the Pixel Stand app
The first thing you should do would be to delete the data of the Pixel Stand app and supply it with a fresh instance of the same from scratch. Here is how you should do that.
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> See All Apps and then select Pixel Stand
- Head over to Storage and Cache section before tapping on Clear Storage -> Delete
- Once it is done, you should restart your device too
Method 2: Deactivate adaptive charging
If you plug in your smartphone to the charger at night, the Adaptive Charging feature keeps the battery charged to a minimum of 80% throughout the night. When it’s time to wake up, it’ll complete the rest of the charging process such that you’ll get a fully charged device. Currently, this feature is conflicting with wireless charging and you should disable it for the time being.
- Go to Settings -> Battery -> Adaptive Preferences
- After that, disable the toggle beside Adaptive Charging
- Check if the issue has been fixed
Method 3: Use safe mode
- Long press the Power menu for bringing up the Power menu
- Long tap on Restart and it’ll open the Safe Mode pop-up
- Tap OK and let the device boot to Safe Mode
- Check if the wireless charging issue still persists