The Xbox One turned 10 years old a few months back and it is still as popular as it was when it first came out. While the console is great in most aspects, there are a few issues that have been plaguing the platform.
One of those issues is Xbox Won’t Turn On But Makes Sound. Many gamers have been complaining that when they try to power on their Xbox One, all it does is make the beeping sounds.
If you’re experiencing this issue, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix Xbox One Won’t Turn On But Makes Sound.
How to fix Xbox One Won’t Turn On But Makes Sound
Method 1: Reset the power supply
Resetting the power supply will mean that you should disconnect all the cables from the Xbox for 15 seconds. After that, connect the cables back and then try to switch the Xbox on. It should now switch on properly.
This may sound absurd but one of the first things to try if you’re getting Xbox One Won’t Turn On But Makes Sound issue is to get the Xbox One to power up. All you should do is press the Eject button on the Xbox One. Each time you press the eject button, the Xbox will be forced to perform the task to eject the disc. This will tell the Xbox software to switch itself on.
Method 3: Power cycle your Xbox
- Connect the Xbox to the power source
- Now, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds
- It will switch itself off and the console will perform a reset right away
- The LED light on the power brick will change from orange to white
- The power cycle will complete once the indicator on the power brick turns to a dark orange color
- After that, switch on your Xbox One
- Check if Xbox One Won’t Turn on But Makes Sound is resolved
Method 4: Remove the connected devices from Xbox
Power off your Xbox and then disconnect all the devices. Once the devices are disconnected, wait for a few seconds before powering it up. It should power up normally. Once done, you should go ahead and then reconnect all the devices to the Xbox.
Method 5: Force restart Xbox One
- Make sure your Xbox has been plugged into the power source
- After that, press and hold the sync + eject + power buttons for 10 seconds before releasing only the eject button
- Once 15 seconds have passed, you should release all buttons you were pressing
- Lastly, hold the power button and then long-press the sync button
- The Xbox One button needs to start up right away
- If your Xbox does not power up, press and hold the power button and press the sync button repeatedly
- Your console will power itself up
- Check if Xbox One Won’t Turn On But Makes Sound is resolved
Pic credit: support.xbox.com