It has been a pretty rough journey for Pixel users in India for the past few months. While other OEMs have already started rolling out 5G support for their devices in India, Pixel devices were expected to receive this feature in December last year alongside the Feature Drop or the Security Patch Update. Unfortunately, both updates came but there were no signs of 5G support.
Google has now announced that the 5G rollout could arrive in the first quarter of 2023. While some people are okay with waiting till March, some people lack the patience. If you’re in the latter category, this guide will be of great help to you. In this guide, you will get to know how to force enable Airtel and Jio 5G on Google Pixel 6A, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro.
This delay can be quite disheartening for some users who were expecting to get their hands on the latest technology right away. But don’t worry – there is still hope! In this guide, we will show you how you can force enable Jio and Airtel 5G on your Pixel 6A/7/Pro device right away so that you don’t have to wait any longer than necessary.
First off, make sure that your device is running Android 12 or higher before proceeding with these steps:
Update: Google rolled out Android 13 QPR2 beta 2 for Pixel devices which has enabled 5G on Pixel devices in India
How to force enable Airtel and Jio 5G on Google Pixel 6A, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro
First, your smartphone must be rooted. Once it is done, you will be in a position to start with the below steps.
- Download the 5G Magisk Module
- Now, launch Magisk and head over to the Modules section before tapping on Install from Storage
- Then, navigate to the download module and then select it
- It will be flashed on your device
- Once it is done, you should hit reboot
- Now, head over to Play Store and then install the Network Signal Guru app
- Launch the app and it’ll ask for the root permission
- Now, tap on Grant
- Tap on the overflow icon located at the top right and choose Forcing Control -> Select your SIM card
- Click on NR SETTING and then select Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) in the ENDC menu
- Restart your smartphone, bring up the dialer, and then type the following code –
- Select Phone Information and then tap on Set Preferred Network Type
- Ensure that you set it to NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA
So here we have shared the steps which can be followed to Force Enable Airtel and Jio 5G on Google Pixel 6A, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro. If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.