Learn How To Get App Long Press Shortcuts On Android to With Android : 7.1, Google introduced many new features, but one amongst them was pretty much implemented from Apple’s 3D touch. While Apple took it to a whole new level of design innovation and the pressure sensitive display on the newer iPhones, Google just made the same feature available as a long press.
Both the Pixel and the Pixel XL have this amazing feature, and with this enabled, you will be able to perform quick tasks like snapping a selfie, or opening up a specific playlist without the need to navigate through the app itself.
While this feature is only available on the Pixel and the Pixel XL devices, all Android users might already be able to have a taste of it! Yes, even before the Nexuses got this feature, Nova Launcher has baked it into one of their Beta builds. So, your new long press app shortcuts is just a download away!
Get App Long Press Shortcuts On Android
- Launch the Google Play Store, and search for ‘Nova Launcher‘.
- Tap on the application, and scroll down to see an option asking you to enroll in the beta testing builds. Tap on ‘I’m In‘.
- Now Click On Join to join the beta testing programme.
- It will take some time for it to process, so check back later after an hour or so.
- Now, you will notice that the name will change to ‘Nova Launcher Beta‘, indicating you’re ready to get a hands on with the feature. (You can see the green sentence “you’re a beta tester for the app”)
- Download the launcher, and set it as your default one.
- There are no options for you to configure to turn this feature on since it is enabled out of the box.
- To get started, just long press on any application, and you will see a beautiful menu!
Voila! With nothing but just a download, you were able to Get App Long Press Shortcuts On Android without any issues. It is good to note that this feature is very much restricted as of now, and will be available widely after app developers start supporting it.
BONUS : Watch the above YouTube video with which you can transform your old Android device into a Google Pixel, including the new long press app shortcuts feature as well!
If you have any issues with the guide, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram