The Google One VPN feature has been made available to Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro users ahead of its scheduled release. In addition to Pixel 7 series users, the feature will also be available to Google One subscribers with 2TB of storage.
What is VPN?
VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a secure connection between a device and the internet. It encrypts internet traffic and online activities, making them private and preventing data theft and tracking by hackers, attackers, and third-party developers.
How to Get the Google One VPN Feature
- Update your device to support the VPN feature.
- Open the Google One application on your Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro device.
- A pop-up will appear with the message: “Your Pixel comes with VPN by Google One. Manage the VPN in the Google One app. ” Note: this information is only delivered once, so be sure to take note of it.
- Tap on the “view details” button in the app to access the VPN ON or OFF toggle and turn the feature on if desired.
- To manage the VPN feature, open the Google One application and follow these steps:
- Go to the Google One application on your Pixel 7 series device.
- Tap on the bottom of the display.
- Search for the VPN feature.
- View details.
- Manage your VPN feature.
- The VPN feature will hide your online activities and protect you from hackers, attackers, and third-party firms on unprotected connections like public Wi-Fi and charging ports on trains.
- You can also add a quick toggle to your Quick Settings to quickly change your VPN settings, or access the feature directly by going to Settings > Network and Internet > VPN.
The Google One VPN feature is now available for Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro users. It is also available to Google One subscribers with 2TB of storage. The feature encrypts internet traffic and online activities, making them private and preventing data theft and tracking. To get the feature, update your device and follow the steps outlined above.