In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5: OnePlus has surprised us all by releasing the OnePlus 5 with its 8 GB Ram and the iPhone sort of look from the back, and it indeed is the best Android device around for the price you pay.
The OnePlus 5 ist a true successor to the OnePlus 3T, it is good in many ways. It has the new Snapdragon 835 processor, 8GB of RAM, a 16 MP and 20 MP dual camera setup, and much more.
However, something that OnePlus might not be too persistent about is software updates. This is where the sweet world of tweaking, flashing and rooting comes in. With root access and a compatible recovery, you can basically master your Android device without any issues. With root access, installing custom ROMs, flashing kernels, flashing mods is just a breeze. In this guide, we will give comprehensive steps in order to learn How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5.
- Make sure you own a OnePlus 5 with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then do not proceed any further. Follow our guide to do the same within the matter of minutes How to Unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3(Same Guide)
- Ensure you have backed up your personal files. While this will not cost you any loss of data, it is always a good practice to back everything up.Guide
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP recovery
TWRP Recovery Image file: Download
How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5
- Download the .img file from above for your device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your OnePlus 5 into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window in .img folder (Shift + Right ), and type in the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your OnePlus 5 device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
- For being able to root, refer to our comprehensive guide on How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learnt How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5 in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.