Finally!! Samsung Galaxy S5 mini recieves the official Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update but this for beta testers. If you are not a beta tester and you don’t know how to flash Marshmallow version in your Galaxy S5 Mini, then this guide will help you to manually Update Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H To Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
In this guide, we will learn how to flash Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 in Samsung galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H. We are also sharing the direct link to download the latest official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for Samsung galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H.
As it is not for general people, i don’t think this update will be available in every region but still you can check for the Update.To check, Go To Settings–>>About Phone–>>System Update.If there is no update, wait for few more days as the OTA will be coming soon to your region.If your Galaxy S5 Mini hasn’t received the Android Nougat 7.1.1 update, yet, then follow this guide to Manually Update Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H To Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
I think everyone wants to enjoy the android version 6.0.1 which marshmallow and its new cool feature. So what are you waiting for……Let’s get started.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.We will update this post once we have Marshmallow firmware file for other’s model.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Download & Install Download Latest Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers (v1.5.61) on your computer,
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H smartphone.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging
- Take a backup of your apps & data.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
Note- Make sure the firmware version match with your model number.
How To Manually Update Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H To Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- First Download the right Firmware according to your device’s model number. If it is .Zip file then extract it, you will get .tar or .tar.md5.
- Download and Unzip the Odin 3.12.3 .zip (or Latest Odin) file and run/open the odin.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Now Boot your Samsung device into Download Mode.(First power off your device and then press, Volume Down + Power + Home. Press Volume Up now to continue to Download Mode)
- Then simply connect the phone to your PC via the use of USB cable and the ODIN would notify an added message.
- After that, choose AP in Odin and select the firmware file in which you have downloaded. (Will be in .tar.md5 format)
- Now Click the “Start” button at the bottom of the ODIN screen to start the process. Now the flashing process will start on your phone and this will take some time.
- Once completed, your phone will reboot.
- Now your device should have the Firmware running.
If you have any question related to this post leave that in the comment below.Thanks… 🙂