WhatsApp is among the most widely-used instant messaging apps despite lacking numerous features. For instance, Telegram will allow you to use the same account on multiple devices but the same isn’t possible on WhatsApp. However, that is no longer the case. Now, you’ll be able to use the same WhatsApp account on two phones officially. This is possible thanks to the Linked Devices feature on WhatsApp.
The Linked Devices feature on WhatsApp came out last year but you were only allowed to use it on your PC or web browser. However, WhatsApp has now rolled out a new update that will allow you to link a smartphone to your account. If you have wanted to use WhatsApp with the same number on two different devices, it is possible now.
Linked Devices is a feature on WhatsApp that allows users to link multiple devices to their WhatsApp account. This means that you can use WhatsApp on these devices without having to rely on your smartphone. Previously, this feature was called WhatsApp Web, but it has since been updated and renamed. With Linked Devices, you can link up to 4 devices to your WhatsApp account.
How to install and use the same WhatsApp account on two phones
- Install and sign up for WhatsApp on your primary phone (skip this step if you are already using WhatsApp on your phone)
- Now, install WhatsApp from Google Play Store on your secondary phone (if you’ve WhatsApp installed on this phone, simply uninstall and re-install it)
- Open WhatsApp on your secondary smartphone and then select your language of choice
- Now, tap on “Agree and Continue”
- Press the three dots option in the top-right corner of the screen when you are prompted to enter your number
- Lastly, tap on Link a device
If you don’t get the “Link a device” option, you should sideload the WhatsApp Beta APK on your device and repeat the process. You will get a QR code displayed on your device’s screen. You should then switch to your primary phone for scanning this code.
- Open WhatsApp on your primary smartphone and then press on the three-dots menu located in the top-right corner
- Select Linked Devices before choosing “Link a device”
- A QR Code Scanner will appear on your screen and you’ll need to scan the QR Code on the secondary device
You will now be logged into WhatsApp with the same account on both of your devices. The best part will be that WhatsApp will work on both devices independently. What it means is that even if your primary device isn’t connected to the internet, you’ll still be able to use WhatsApp on your secondary device using an active internet connection.