The Google Pixel 8 Pro is among the newest handsets released by Google and it comes with several exciting features, including AI functionalities. Aside from that, it also performs very well in the custom development scene.
There have already been a few custom ROMs released based on Android 14. In that regard, the CrDroid Android 14 ROM is the newest firmware to make its presence felt. It is a clean, fast, and snappy OS that is definitely well worth installing.
If you’re looking to know how, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to install CrDroid Android 14 ROM on Google Pixel 8 Pro.
How to install CrDroid Android 14 ROM on Google Pixel 8 Pro
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your Google Pixel 8 Pro
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your Google Pixel 8 Pro if you’re looking to install CrDroid Android 14 ROM. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
Step 4: Download CrDroid Android 14 ROM for Google Pixel 8 Pro
- Grab hold of the CrDroid Android 14 ROM for your Google Pixel 8 Pro by visiting the link mentioned below –
- Once the file is downloaded, transfer the ROM to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now, rename the ROM file to rom.zip before transferring it to the platform-tools folder
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable while ensuring that USB Debugging is enabled
- Go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Type the following command in the CMD window for booting your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- For verifying the Fastboot connection, type the following command and you’ll get back the device ID
Step 6: Install CrDroid Android 14 ROM on Google Pixel 8 Pro
- Flash the vendor_boot to the partition using the following command –
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
- Once it is done, you should reboot your smartphone to CrDroid Recovery through the following command –
fastboot reboot recovery
- Now, you should select “Apply Update” before selecting “Apply from ADB”
- In the CMD window, you should type the following command to start the sideload –
adb sideload rom.zip
- Once it is done, it’ll ask if you wish to flash additional files
- Whether you wish to flash files or not, rebooting to recovery will be compulsory for slot changes, so select “YES”
- If you wish to flash any files, give the following command –
adb sideload filename.zip
- After that, select Factory Reset or Format Data and perform a reset
- Lastly, select the “Reboot System” option to boot to the newly flashed CrDroid Android 14 ROM