The OnePlus 9 lineup is among the most active participants in the custom development scene. Although there have been numerous releases since, it is hard for tech enthusiasts to move on.
That’s why the developers actively release new mods and custom ROMs. Recently, the developers have released Paranoid Android 14 ROM and it comes with all the features Android 14 is known for.
In this guide, you will get to know how to install Paranoid Android 14 ROM on OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
How to install Paranoid Android 14 ROM on OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro if you’re looking to install Paranoid Android 14 ROM. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
[2min Guide] How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 10T 5G (Similar Steps, you can follow this guide)
Step 4: Download Paranoid Android for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro
- Grab hold of the Paranoid Android 14 ROM for your OnePlus handset by visiting the link mentioned below –
Paranoid Android 14 ROM – Download
- Once the file is downloaded, transfer the ROM to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now, rename the ROM file to rom.zip before transferring it to the platform-tools folder
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable while ensuring that USB Debugging is enabled
- Go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Type the following command in the CMD window for booting your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- For verifying the Fastboot connection, type the following command and you’ll get back the device ID
Step 6: Install Paranoid Android 14 ROM on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
- First, you should type the below command to flash the Paranoid Android 14 ROM
fastboot update rom.zip
- You can now be booted to the red warning Format Data screen
- Make use of the Volume key for selecting the same and then press the Power key to confirm
- Once it is done, your device will auto-boot to the newly installed Paranoid Android 14 ROM