In this guide, you will learn How to Install TWRP on Pixel and Pixel XL :Both the Google Pixel and Pixel XL have truly rocked the stages this year, kicking off all the competition that they were being suppressed with last year. Now, Google has Apple head-on with the great comeback with their end of Nexus Program and its new and own Pixel devices. While some people might end up saying that the Pixel devices are a bit too pricey, they are again going head-on with the iPhones out there.
Both the devices come with top-notch specifications. However, after quite a significant amount of time, both the devices have gotten official ways of unlocking their bootloaders, and rooting. There’s still one big thing remaining though – installing acustom recovery which will allow you to gain total control on your device. With a custom recovery like TWRP installed, you can install custom ROMs, kernels, and many more mods and flashes!
Here is a simple guide that will allow you to understand and learn How to Install TWRP on Pixel and Pixel XL.
- Make sure you own a Google Pixel/Pixel XL with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then do not proceed any further. Follow our guide to do the same within the matter of minutes.
- Ensure you have backed up your personal files. While this will not cost you any loss of data, it is always a good practice to back everything up.
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP recovery
How to Install TWRP on Pixel and Pixel XL
- Download the .img file from above for your respective Pixel device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your Pixel/Pixel XL device into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window, and type in the following commands :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your Pixel/Pixel XL device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learnt How to Install TWRP on Pixel and Pixel XL in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page