Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy S8, its latest flagship device, earlier this year. The device was highly successful and was well received by users and critics around the world. Like every other Samsung device, the Galaxy S8 was also launched with the Touchwiz OS. It was based on Android Marshmallow 6.0 when the device was launched and is now updated to the latest version of Android Nougat 7.0
Touchwiz is Samsung’s exclusive Android OS and it is heavily skinned with a lot of bloatware and unnecessary features. However, most Samsung users preferred Stock Android over Touchwiz OS. This was because, Touchwiz OS and carrier specific Samsung S8 devices come with a few unwanted apps which cannot be uninstalled or removed from your phone. These apps occupy the resources and the storage of your phone and cannot be removed unless your phone is rooted.
So, in case you have ever thought how great would it be to have a cleaner and a smoother version of Stock Android which is more optimized than Touchwiz, then all you have to do is to follow the detailed instructions below.
The step by step instructions will guide you to install a Custom Recovery on your Samsung S8 Boost Mobile SM-G950U currently running the latest version of Android Nougat and also to root the same. By rooting your phone, you get the freedom to uninstall any app from your device, including system apps. Also with a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your Galaxy S8 you can even flash Custom ROMs which provide a closer Stock Android experience.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP and Root Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Install TWRP Recovery On Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your S8 Boost Mobile SM-G950U from the download section above
→ Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On your Samsung Galaxy S8 Boost Mobile SM-G950U > How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
Steps to Root Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 device via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time.)
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the SuperSU installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.