This article will guide you on How To Safely Flash / Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin In 2018. You only need the right TWRP recovery File for your device then the process is very simple and easy. The process is the same for all Samsung devices. So just follow the step by step Guide to Safely Flash TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
You need to have a custom recovery (TWRP) to install Third party ROMs, kernels and most importantly to root your device by flashing SuperSu.So if you want to perform any of the mentioned tasks on your device, you need to have TWRP recovery.
If you are using any Samsung android device then you probably know about Odin flashing tool. Odin is a Windows-based ROM flashing tool from Samsung for Samsung smartphones and tablets, which is used to flash custom ROMs, Official OTA Updates, kernels and other similar files manually on Samsung devices. If you soft bricked your Samsung android phone then this thing is needed. You can unbrick your phone, unlock the bootloader, root, unroot, update, return back to stock ROM
We are going to share full step by step guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin. This is going to be the same for all Samsung devices. But you need to have the right TWRP recovery file for your device.
A full step-by-step guide to install TWRP recovery on any Samsung device using Odin 3.10.6
Table Of Contents
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Android device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% of juice
- Bootloader must be unlocked
- Make Sure Samsung USB drivers are installed on your PC [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Samsung USB Drivers On Windows or Mac (Latest) (Important)
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/download-latest-twrp-recovery-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: download” icon_color=”#4cfd87″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]Official TWRP Recovery (Latest)[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/download-odin-tool-samsung-galaxy-devices-versions/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: download” icon_color=”#4cfd87″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]Odin Flash Tool (Stable)[/su_button]
Now Install Odin On Your Computer (Windows 7/8/10)
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-odin-windows-7810/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: gears” icon_color=”#4cfd87″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″][Step-By-Step Guide] How To Install Odin On Windows 7/8/10[/su_button]
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
- First Of all, read the Pre-Requirement Section Carefully.
- Now download the Latest Odin File from the download section above
- After downloading, Unzip the latest Odin xxx .zip file
- Now Run Odin3 vxxx.exe file from the extracted files on your PC. (Download the latest odin, unzip and run)
- Make sure you’ve downloaded The Odin flashable TWRP recovery .tar file compatible for your device. (Important)
- (If applicable) Enable OEM unlock: (Enable OEM unlock” feature Only for Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ devices)
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” seven times to enable “Developer options”.
- Go back to the main Settings page, scroll to bottom and select“Developer options” from there.
- Under Developer options, look for “Enable OEM unlock”checkbox/toggle and make sure you Check it or turn it ON.
- Now Boot your Samsung Android device into Download mode.To Do So Follow the steps below
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your device is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin will automatically detect the device and show an “Added!!” message.If not then your device is not connected properly
- Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the TWRP recovery .tar file that you downloaded for your device.
- Click the Start button on Odin to start Flashing and wait for it to finish the process.
- Once it finished successfully, a pass message on the Odin screen will pop up
- Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. Now You can disconnect your device.
- Done!!! TWRP is now installed on your device
How to boot a Samsung Galaxy Device into TWRP recovery
(Same For All Samsung Devices)
- First Switch off your device.
- Then Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume Up” buttons for a few seconds and as soon as you see your device’ logo on-screen, release three buttons altogether.
- Your device will boot into TWRP recovery
For More Detailed Guide On How To Booty Into Recovery, follow the linked guide below
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/different-ways-to-boot-into-android-recovery-mode/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: gears” icon_color=”#4cfd87″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)[/su_button]
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram