Hello Peeps! There is good news for all the Xiaomi Mi 5s users. All the Mi 5s Plus users can now enjoy Lineage OS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), and its amazing features. Recently, the Lineage OS team released the first nightly build of Lineage OS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium) and it can be downloaded and installed via custom recovery such as TWRP. It offers you stock Android UI, Android 7.1.2 Nougat features, latest Android security patches (April 2017) as well as Lineage OS feature. Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
In this post, we will be showing you how to install Lineage OS 14.1 on your Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium). This new ROM also contains various bug fixes and optimisations. After installing this new ROM, you will get to experience multi-window mode, data saver mode, enhanced notification system, night mode, better battery life, and much more. Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
Disclaimer: RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.Make sure to follow all the steps carefully to be on the safer side.
Check Out Full ROMs List (2018) > Xiaomi Mi 5s/5s Plus Custom ROMs Collection (Android Oreo and Nougat ROMs)[/mks_pullquote]
- Have a full backup of all your important files and data.
- You must have bootloader unlocked.
- You must have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- Battery percentage should be more than 50%.
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (Android Nougat 7.1.2)
- Download the Lineage OS 14.1 and Google Apps zip files and save them on your phone.
- Boot your device into TWRP mode by long pressing “Volume up + Power” buttons simultaneously until MI logo appears.
- In TWRP recovery, select the option backup and create a Nandroid Backup.
- After that, select Wipe, and then Advanced Wipe, Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and Swipe to Wipe.
- Return to the main menu and then select install. Navigate to /sdcard and then select the LineageOS zip file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for installing the package. After the package is installed, install the Google apps, and then return to the main menu.
- Select reboot, and after your device boots again you will be ready to experience this new ROM.
If you’ve any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page