Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Xiaomi Mi 5s/5s Plus | Android Oreo (8.0/8.1) and Android Nougat 7.1.2 ROMs: Xiaomi Mi 5s was released back in 2016It features a large 5.15-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.The phone is powered by 2.15GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It has 64GB of internal storage which cannot be expanded.It sports a 12-megapixel main camera on the back and a 4-megapixel front camera.It runs On Xiaomi’s skin MIUI based on Android 6.0 marshmallow.It houses a 3200mAh non-removable battery.The Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is the bigger brother of this device.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customisation options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimised for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
Xiaomi alongside with Huawei and Lenovo (Moto) has been dominating the Indian mobile market.It has a big fanbase in India and some other regions.Because of that there are tons of development happen around Huawei devices. There are already some Custom ROMs available for Xiaomi Mi 5s/5s Plus.We will be sharing the list below.Remember, this post will be updated regularly with new custom ROMs being added.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like Lineage Os 14.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
List of Best Custom ROMs For Xiaomi Mi 5s/5s Plus
- Download and Install Mokee OS Android 8.1 Oreo On Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Download and Install AOSP 8.0 Oreo Project Treble On Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus [PixelExperience Oreo 8.1.0 ROM]
- Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Xiaomi Mi 5s [Resurrection Remix v6.0.0]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Mi 5s | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus | Android 8.1 Oreo
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.0 On Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (Nougat)
More ROMs will be added soon..
How To Install Custom ROMs On Xiaomi Mi 5s/5s Plus
- Make sure your device is rooted and have a Custom Recovery installed.
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
For Android Oreo ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
For Android Nougat ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] [Nougat GApps] Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2 Nougat
For Android Marshmallow ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the ROM.