Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM with version number v184.108.40.206.QDTMIXM to Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Codename: platina). The update is carrying the latest June 2020 security patch. This is a stable built so we recommend users to update their device to this build.
The update brings June 2020 security patch to the device along with various bug fixes. This is a global rollout and will be available all across the globe to Mi 8 Lite units. The full update file is around 1.9 GB in size for recovery ROM.
If your device is running on a Global ROM, only then you will get the update via OTA. Otherwise, you have to install it manually. The update is based on Android 10. You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
Update Details (v220.127.116.11.QDTMIXM)
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite [platina]
- Region: Global
- Software version: MIUI v18.104.22.168.QDTMIXM
- Android OS: 10
- Security patch level: June 2020
Download Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite MIUI 22.214.171.124 (v126.96.36.199.QDTMIXM)
- Recovery ROM (Size: 1.9 GB)
- Fastboot ROM (Not available as of writing the article)
How To Install Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device
- Now follow our manual flashing guide to install the ROM manually