Xiaomi has started seeding the MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM with version number v126.96.36.199.QEAMIXM to Xiaomi Mi 8 Codename: dipper). The update is carrying the latest June 2020 security patch. This is a stable built so we recommend users to update their device to this build.
The update brings June 2020 security patch to the device along with various bug fixes. This is a global rollout and will be available all across the globe to Mi 8 units. The full update file is around 1.9 GB in size for recovery ROM.
If your device is running on a Global ROM, only then you will get the update via OTA. Otherwise, you have to install it manually. The update is based on Android 10. You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
Update Details (v188.8.131.52.QEAMIXM)
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi 8 [dipper]
- Region: Global
- Software version: MIUI v184.108.40.206.QEAMIXM
- Android OS: 10
- Security patch level: June 2020
Download Xiaomi Mi 8 MIUI 220.127.116.11 (v18.104.22.168.QEAMIXM)
- Recovery ROM (Size: 1.9 GB)
- Fastboot ROM (Not available as of writing the article)
How To Install Xiaomi Mi 8 MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device
- Now follow our manual flashing guide to install the ROM manually