Recently, the Chinese OEM Xiaomi has released its latest MIUI 12 skin to its couple of devices and still, the update process is ongoing for all the eligible devices across the globe. The new update is based on Android 10 that offers plenty of improvements, features, visual changes, improved dark mode, gesture navigation, privacy controls, always-on display mode, super wallpapers, and more. Now, the company has already stated that the upcoming MIUI 13 is under development and will soon start rolling out to its couple of device models for beta testing. Here in this article, we will share with you MIUI 13 expected release date and eligible device list in brief. Those who’re eager to know all the details, read this post.
So, coming to the main topic, as we already know that Google has released the Android 11 version as the successor of the Android 10 recently, all the smartphone OEMs are developing their own skins to start pushing the update to its eligible devices. However, some of the popular brands OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, Samsung, etc are already on the list of Android 11 Developer Preview build testing. Most importantly, Xiaomi is also one of them and trying hard to find a space in the next year.
MIUI 13: Expected Features
It’s hard to tell for a custom skin of a smartphone manufacturer that which features or changes or even improvements will gonna take place in its upcoming update. However, as the MIUI 13 will be purely based on Android 11, we’re giving you all the Android 11 (R) useful features below that should be included in the MIUI 13. Additionally, Xiaomi will also include visual changes, improved UI elements, improved fonts/icons, and other accessibility features out of the context for sure.
- Scheduled Dark Mode
- Smart Reply & Smart Folders
- Improved App Suggestions
- Conversations Notification
- Built-in Screen Recording
- Pin Apps to Sharing Menu
- Improved Voice Access (Accessibility)
- Bluetooth Active in Airplane Mode
- Improved Privacy & Security Features
- A New Power Menu
- Redesigned Device Controls
- Redesigned Music Control
- One-Time App Permissions
- Permissions Auto-Reset
- Chat Bubbles
- Notification History
- Wireless Android Auto
- Google Play System Update (Security Patch)
- Talkback braille keyboard
- Improved Lookout Mode
- Improved Camera features (Bokeh Mode, Built-in HAL, and Camera2 API support)
- Enhanced Digital Wellbeing
- Improved Enterprise Mode
- Improved Autofill Keyboard Suggestions
- Nearby Share
- Scoped Storage
- Resume on Reboot
- Blocked Permissions
- Soft Reboot
- Background Location
- Improved Call Screening (Identify Spams)
- Picture-in-picture mode
- 5G detection API
- Hinge angle sensor support
- Ethernet tethering
- Gesture sensitivity
MIUI 13: Expected Release Date
It means that Xiaomi will start pushing the official stable version of MIUI 13 globally to all of its eligible devices based on Android 11. So, you may ask that what will be the exact date or month or week in a month for the official release or announcement of the MIUI 13.
Well, according to Xiaomi, the MIUI 13 is in the development process and will take some time to complete it. However, we will surely gonna see the beta program announcement and then the stable release gradually around mid-2021 expectedly. But we have to wait for more leaks or official statements to get sure about it.
MIUI 13: Expected Eligible Devices List
As mentioned, there is no official announcement available yet by Xiaomi that which devices will gonna receive the MIUI 13 based on Android 11. However, depending on the latest releases of Xiaomi devices and according to the software update policy of Xiaomi, we’ve managed to provide a bunch of Xiaomi devices that would gonna compatible/eligible to receive the Android 11 update on the top of MIUI 13.
- Redmi K30 series: K30 4G, K30 5G, and K30 Pro
- POCO series: Poco F1 and Poco X2
- Mi 10 series: Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro
- Redmi 6 series s: Redmi 6, Redmi 6 Pro, and Redmi 6A
- Note 8 series: Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi 5 series: Redmi 5/5A
- Note 5 series: Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi Note 4
- Mi Note 10 series: Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 Pro
- Redmi Y series: Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, and Redmi Y2
- Redmi K20 series: Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi 4
- Mi Mix 2
- Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Redmi 7A
- Redmi 8 series: Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A
More and more upcoming Xiaomi devices should also become eligible to receive the Android 11 update. But we’ve to wait for a couple of months more.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.