A few weeks back, Google released the stable version of Android 13 with the August 2022 Security Update for the Pixel lineup. After that, many smartphone brands stepped in and released their own versions of Android 13 skin through various beta programs. For OnePlus users, it is ColorOS 13 for Chinese variants and OxygenOS 13 for international variants.
The OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Program has been released in India where the devices are incredibly popular. OnePlus has started the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 update for OnePlus8, OnePlus8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T. OnePlus has already released the stable OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 10 Pro while also starting an active Open beta Program for the OnePlus 9 Series.
Features of Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Update
The new Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update will come with, but isn’t limited to the following features –
- Improved privacy and security
- More customization options with the new Material You design
- Fewer notifications
- Improved Copy and Paste feature
- Smart-Home controls on the lock screen
- A quick QR code scanner
- Bluetooth LE audio support
- The new Google Wallet feature
- Encrypted Group Chats
Download the OxygenOS 13 Update for OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8T, and OnePlus 8 Pro
Here, you will be able to download the first OxygenOS 13.0.0 Open Beta 2 Update based on Android 13 for the OnePlus 8 Series.
Steps to install the OxygenOS 13 Update for OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8T, and OnePlus 8 Pro
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server
- Copy the package to your device’s storage
- Head over to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and then enter the password and you’ll enter the developer mode
- Now, go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Select top right icon -> Local upgrade
- Now, click on the corresponding installation package before clicking upgrade and the system upgrade will complete to 100%
- Once the upgrade is complete, you’ll need to click on Restart
- The update is successful