Both the big American network carriers, T-Mobile and Verizon have rolled out the much-awaited Android 11 based Oxygen OS 11 update to OnePlus 8 5G. The update brings build version IN2019_15_210110 for Verizon users while the T-Mobile users getting OxygenOS 18.104.22.168.IN55CB build version.
The new update brings all the Android 11 and Oxygen OS 11 features. This is the first stable build so there are some bugs which are present in the build. In coming days the company will be releasing more stable build and then it will release Oxygen OS 11 stable update for Verizon and T-Mobile OnePlus 8 5G.
If you have a Verizon/T-Mobile OnePlus 8 5G as the main device, then you should install the stable update. The update is being rolled out as an OTA update (Over-the-air) for those we are currently running stable versions. So, if you’re already running the previous stable on your Verizon and T-Mobile OnePlus 8 5G, then you can check for the software OTA update on your device for once. To do this, head over to the Settings – System – System update – Check for update. if available, you can download and install the OTA. Otherwise, you can manually do so by following the steps below.
OxygenOS 11 stable update for Verizon and T-Mobile OnePlus 8 5G Changelog
- Fresh new visual design and optimization of details provides a more comfortable experience.
- Brand new weather user interface supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. Day and night are right in the palm of your hand.
- Optimizes the stability of some third-party apps and improves user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches to Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS. Enable this functionality by swiping down from the upper right or left corners of the screen in gaming mode.
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click, and the notification bar will pop up.
- Added Always-on Ambient Display function, with custom Schedule/All day option included. (Go to: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It changes according to your phone usage data. (Go to: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added 10 new clock styles. (Go to: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode. Simply pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supports automatic turn on feature and customized time range. (Go to: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and others) and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode. Now you can invite your friends and enjoy Zen Mode together.
- Supporting Story function automatically creates weekly videos with photos and videos in storage.
- Optimizes the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.