We all know the issue between Huawei and the US. Huawei has been struggling to find some workaround to the Google ecosystem. Now Huawei is trying to develop alternatives to the Google apps. If you remember Huawei released the Huawei search a few months back. This app is something like Google home.
The primary focus of the app was to show users the results based on their queries but latest Huawei renamed the app and now its called Patel search. Huawei has been adding new features to the Petal app for a long time.
The app can be used as an app distribution service like Google play store but there are still limitations to it. Users can only download and install the apps that solely runs Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) and AppGallery.
Thanks to our friends at Huaweicentral, we are sharing the guide following which you can search, download and install Android apps (apk) on your Huawei phones.
Steps to Download and Install APPs using Petal Search on Huawei Phones (APK)
There are two ways to do install the app using petal search 1) suggestion and 2) manual. Here we will be showing the manual method as it will be easier.
- Once you have the petal search app, go to the search bar type the app name which you want to install (here we are using Whatsapp as a demo)
- The app will show you the search results
- tap on the Whatsapp icon (the app will redirect you to available sources, it may be official Whatsapp website or any popular third-party software market place like Aptoide)
- Tap Download Now, then confirm the download
- Once the download is completed, the installation process will start automatically. Done!!
Troubleshoot: App install but failed to install
There are sometimes you may this issue. Just go the file manager, search for the app and install it manually. That’s quite simple right 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram