Realme 8 and Realme Pad start receiving the October 2021 security patch with the new OTA update. Plus, it brings a couple of fixes, about which we will talk about as we move forward in this article. The update is currently rolling out in India and should start hitting other regions where the device has been launched.
The October 2021 software update for Realme Pad and Realme 8 was announced through blog posts (1, 2) on the Realme community forum. The changelog for Realme Pad mentions system stability improvements and some bug fixing, in addition to the October 2021 security patch.
Going deeper into the changelog for Realme 8 reveals that the device is getting a couple of system-level fixes. It includes fixes to – touchscreen issue, screen light up issue when unlocking the phone with a fingerprint, app icons displaying issue on the home screen in Simple mode.
The OTA update for Realme 8 also fixes the display issue with the task cards when swiping up to view recent tasks. It also improves system stability and system performance. The new update for Realme Pad and Realme 8 is rolling out in a staged fashion. Thus, may take a few days to reach your phone. Meanwhile, you can manually check for the update by heading to Settings >> Software updates.
- Realme 8
- Realme Pad
- Updated Android security patch: October 2021
- Fixed some known issues and improved system stability
- Integrates the October 2021 Android security patch.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Fixes a touchscreen issue.
- Fixes an issue where the screen might not light up when you unlock your phone with your fingerprint.
- Fixes a display issue with app icons on the Home screen that would occur occasionally in Simple mode.
- Fixes a display issue with the task cards when you swipe up to view recent tasks.