Last month, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro users have already received the MIUI 11 stable update globally based on Android Pie. That software update has brought some of the improvements and bug fixes as well. Now, the company has released another new update with the latest security patch level. Redmi Note 6 Pro December 2019 Security Patch released [V188.8.131.52PEKMIXM] based on Android 9 Pie. Additionally, it brings plenty of system improvements and features to the device.
The OTA brings the latest December 2019 Security Patch which fixes system bug that could affect the user data and device. Meanwhile, the update also brings improved touch controls, full-screen UI, sounds of nature, Mi Share, Mi Doc Viewer, direct printing, quick reply, game turbo, notch hiding option, etc. The update is rolling in batches and will take some time to hit all the units. If you’re already running on the V184.108.40.206.PEKMIXM (MIUI 11), then you will get an update of 374MB in size.
But if you’re still running on the MIUI 10 on your Redmi Note 6 Pro, then the update will be bigger in size 669MB that contains V220.127.116.11PEKMIXM. Either you can go to the Settings > About Phone > Check for Software update on your device or can install the update by using the guide below.
Redmi Note 6 Pro December 2019 Security Patch: Changelog
Now, check out the full update changelog below:
Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
- New: Quick replies for messaging apps
- Fix: Wi-Fi page wasn’t displayed correctly
Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
If you want to manually download and install the update, check the links below:
Download Link: V18.104.22.168PEKMIXM (Recovery)
We hope you’ve found this article useful. Keep visiting the blog for more software updated related news.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.