The year 2019 was really great for Xiaomi. The Chinese OEM has launched a bunch of smartphones along with MIUI 11 and more. Now, 2020 has just arrived and Xiaomi has started rolling out a new software update for the Redmi Note 8 (Codename: ginkgo) in China based on Android 9 Pie. The Redmi Note 8 December 2019 Security Patch is live now with a software version V126.96.36.199.PCOCNXM.
It brings the December 2019 patch level which is quite necessary as the patch fixes a major security bug in the Framework component that could occur a permanent denial of service. Therefore, system security will be improved with this update. Additionally, the update brings a couple of bug fixes and improvements to the system like fixes lock screen, status bar, notification shade. It also offers fixed swapping SIM cards issue, fixed app searching slows down the device and more.
Redmi Note 8 December 2019 Security Patch Update – Changelog
– Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
– Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
– Fix: Items related to exceptions weren’t always displayed accurately
– Fix: Searching for apps made the device slow down
– Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
– Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
The OTA update is rolling out in batches and will take some time to roll out completely. Therefore, make sure to check the OTA update via the device Settings > About Phone > Check for Software update.
- Type: China Stable
- Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
- Codename: ginkgo
- Software Version: V188.8.131.52.PCOCNXM
- Android: 9.0 Pie
- Download: Link (Recovery)
Guide: How To Install Stock Firmware OTA Update Zip / Fastboot Files On Xiaomi Devices
If you have any questions related to this article, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.