In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP and Root Huawei Honor 6x : Huawei turned many heads last year with their partnership for the best and the last ever Nexus device to exist – the Nexus 6P. Since then, Huawei has made a name for themselves in the budget as well as the premium market of smartphones as well. The Huawei P9 is a great example of their recent success, and recently came along the brand new Huawei Honor 6x. Company Huawei is going great in everything. (Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Honor 6x)
The Huawei Honor 6x is released with Android Marshmallow out of the box, and has since been provided many little software updates to eliminate bugs and add some new features, and this proves that the company is keen to provide quality assurance even after an year has passed with the device being released. (Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Honor 6x)
This is where the sweet world of tweaking, flashing and rooting comes in. With root access, and a compatible recovery, you can basically master your Android device without any issues. With root access, installing custom ROMs, flashing kernels, flashing mods is just a breeze. In this guide, we will give comprehensive steps in order to learn How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Honor 6x.
- Make sure you own a Huawei Honor 6x with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then do not proceed any further.
- Ensure you have backed up your personal files. While this will not cost you any loss of data, it is always a good practice to back everything up.Guide
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP recovery.
- TWRP Recovery Image file: Download
HOW TO Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Honor 6x
- Download the .img file from above for your device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your Huawei Honor 6x into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window, and type in the following commands :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your Huawei Honor 6x device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
- For being able to root, refer to our comprehensive guide on How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learned How to Install TWRP and Root Huawei Honor 6x in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.