In this guide, you will learn How To Safely Root Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 Running On Android N Developer Preview.Here we will have to flash the latest version of SuperSu which is V2.69 (CF-Auto-Root) on the nexus devices which are running on latest Android 7.0 /6.1 Android N developer preview.
As you guys know Google has released the latest Android developer preview for all the latest Nexus devices.The devices which are getting this update are Nexus 5X, 6, 6P, 9, 9G, Nexus Player and Pixel C.If you have any of these Nexus devices and you want to try the latest Android N Developer Preview then we have already posted an article On Download & Install Android N Developer Preview for Nexus 5X, 6, 6P, 9, 9G, Nexus Player and Pixel C.So to check that out.
Now there is another great news for yous guys.You can now Safely Root Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 Running On Android N Developer Preview.You just have to flash the latest CF-Auto-Root Via TWRP recovery On your Nexus devices to get your device rooted.Thanks to Chainfire’s latest CF-Auto-Root root package, rooting Android N is very simple and easy.
If you already running Android N Developer preview On your Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P / Nexus 6 / Nexus 9, then just follow the step by step guide given below to safely Root Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 Running On Android N Developer Preview
Supported Devices > Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 Running On Android N Developer Preview
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Makes sure your Nexus has the TWRP recovery Installed
- Your device must be runnning on the Android N Developer preview.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
→ Full Guide To Safely Root Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 Running On Android N Developer Preview
How To Root Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 Running On Android N Developer Preview
(Step By Step Guide)
→ First of all Read the Pre-Requirement section before following the given steps
- Download the right CF-Auto-Root from the download section above according to your device.
- Connect your Nexus to the PC and transfer the CF-Auto-Root via USB / USB-C to the internal memory of Nexus
- Boot your device into recovery mode (TWRP)
- Once In recovery’s main menu >> select “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from SD card”
- Select the CF-Auto-Root file which you have downloaded & transfered to your device’s internal memory
- Now flash the CF-Auto-Root Package on your device. (Swipe right to flash in TWRP)
- Once the Installation is completed, return back to recovery main menu and hit “reboot system”
- Done!!! Your Nexus Device Running On Android N Developer Preview is now rooted
- Download root checker app from the app to check root access on your device.
If you are facing some issues:
- Return back to recovery’s main menu then select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Then return back to main menu of TWRP recovery then “reboot system now”
- Done!!! Your problems should be fixed.
If you have any question related to this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section below.