Samsung is one of the first brand to release the latest June 2020 security patch update to its devices. After the Galaxy N10 (Us-Unlocked), the US Unlocked variant of Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra have started getting the latest security patch update.
The update is based on Android 10 and brings a major call related fix which improves the overall call quality. The update brings software version G981U1UES1ATE4, G986U1UES1ATE4, and G988U1UES1ATE4 for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra respectively. Many users have already received the update.
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
The OTAs have been rolled out in the US and only available for Samsung S20 series users. This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in June 2020 Security. The update brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. It also brings stability and performance improvements. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Series which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
[su_box title=”Update Details” box_color=”#000000″ title_color=”#ffffff” radius=”2″]
- Device Name: US Unlocked Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra
- Region: USA
- Android version: Android 10
- Build Number: G981U1UES1ATE4, G986U1UES1ATE4, and G988U1UES1ATE4
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st June 2020
Check sammobile website to get the latest firmware for your device
Manual Install: US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Series June 2020 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file following our dedicated guide.
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Samsung Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining