Samsung has started rolling out the latest One UI 2.1 version to its couple of devices and Galaxy Tab S6 is one of them. After the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 devices, the Galaxy Tab S6 One UI 2.1 Android 10 update is live in Germany. The new firmware update comes with a build number of T865XXU2BTC7 that includes the March 2020 Security Patch Level.
Talking about the new firmware update, as the update is rolling out in batches, it will take a few days to arrive on all the Galaxy Tab S6 units completely. All the interested users can manually check for the OTA update via Settings – About phone – Software update option. If the One UI 2.1 update is available, then simply install it by downloading the update.
According to some reports, the US-based Galaxy Tab S6 users may have to wait for almost a month or so in order to receive the same update. In terms of the firmware update, it also brings the dark mode, improved app icons, smoother animations, full-screen gesture, accessibility, Digital Wellbeing, camera improvements, internet optimization, improved Samsung contacts, Reminder, My Files, calculator, Samsung keyboard, quick share, Music Share, Samsung Daily, etc. You can check out a full update changelog here.
Galaxy Tab S6 One UI 2.1 (Android 10) – Changelog
- One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10
- One UI 2 brings you Android 10, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
- Dark mode
- Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
- Icons and colors
- Clearer app icons and system colors.
- Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
- Smoother animations
- Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
- Full-screen gestures
- Added new navigation gestures.
- Refined interactions
- Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
- Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
- High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
- Listen to live speech and display it as text.
- Better text over wallpapers
- See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
- Media and devices
- Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
- Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
- Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
- Device care
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- Digital wellbeing
- Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
- Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
- Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
- Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
- Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
- Get more information from the app bar.
- Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
- Samsung Contacts
- Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
- Stickers can be added to date without creating an event.
- Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
- More options are available for repeating reminders.
- Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
- Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
- Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
- My Files
- Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
- Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
- You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
- Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
- Samsung keyboard
- A multilingual translation feature has been added.
- A text undo/redo feature has been added.
- You can now search for music in Spotify directly from the keyboard.
- An icon to open Samsung Pass has been added.
- Quick Share
- Files can now be quickly and easily shared with nearby Samsung devices using Quick Share.
- Music Share
- Music Share now lets you share music with your friends using a Bluetooth audio device.
- Samsung Daily
- Bixby Home has been replaced with Samsung Daily.
Now, if you can’t wait further, you can manually install the firmware update by following the guide below.
Galaxy Tab S6 One UI 2.1 | Download Firmware
Steps to Flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (One UI 2.1)
That’s it. Keep visiting the blog for more info.