Steps to Unlock Bootloader On Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL: As all of we know, Verizon Google Pixel and Pixel XL comes with locked bootloader and there is no official way to unlock the bootloader on these devices .The carrier is not allowing users to Unlock Bootloader On Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL
But we have a great news for all Verizon users.Now Bootloader of Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL can be unlocked.There is script called ‘dePixel8’, lets users to unlock bootloader on Verizon Pixel and Pixel X.This guide we will be sharing step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader On Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL using dePixel8 Script.
It is important to Unlock Bootloader On Verizon-Google Pixel and Pixel XL, if you want to root your device or want to install any custom recovery, ROMs, Kernel & MODs.Once the bootloader is unlocked you can Flash modified system, boot images, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files on your device.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin this tutorial
- This process will erase all your user data
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Verizon Google Pixel / Pixel XL while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Verizon Google Pixel and Pixel XL (Unlocked Only)
- Don’t try this on any other device than mentioned above!
- Enable developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Android
- Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Take a full backup of your important data.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- A Computer is needed for this tutorial as it will be done via fastboot command
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Verizon PIXEL AND PIXEL XL
- First, download ‘dePixel8’ unlock script from the developer’s website here and save it in ADB folder
- Connect your Verizon Pixel phone to your PC via a USB cable
- Go to the folder where you have saved the ‘dePixel8’ file and open a command window from there (Press Shift key, right click and choose Open a command window here option)
- Now, issue the below commands one by one:
adb push dePixel8 /data/local/tmp adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/dePixel8 adb shell /data/local/tmp/dePixel8
- Your phone will automatically boot into bootloader mode. If not, repeat the procedure again.
- Once your Verizon Pixel is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock the bootloader:
fastboot oem unlocking
- Accept if any thing pops up On the screen.(confirmation screen)
- Once done, reboot the system by issuing the following commands
- Done!!! the bootloader of your Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL have successfully been unlocked
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.