How to Update Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat: Good news for all the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge users! Your device can now be updated to the official XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Not only does this update provide the latest Android 7.0 firmware, but it also provides latest tweaks for Samsung’s TouchWiz UI and also comes with the latest Samsung Apps.
There are two ways through which you can get this new update. First one is if you get the OTA update and the second one by manually downloading it and then installing it yourself. However, if you are using the second method, you will not be getting any pre-installed apps as G925FXXU5EQCK is an unbranded firmware.
Here is a step-by-step guide using which you can easily download and install this latest update by Samsung. If you have already installed updates previously using ODIN, then this tutorial will be a piece of cake for you. But before starting the procedure, kindly fulfil few pre-requisites and complete few downloads which will be essential for completing the installation.Follow the guide to Update Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat
• Always have a backup of all your important data and files.
• Enable USB debugging on your device.
• Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge USB drivers must be installed on your PC.
• You must have the bootloader unlocked.
• Battery percentage should be more than 50%.
• Android 7.0 G925FXXU5EQCK firmware
• Odin v3.09 zip file
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
How to To Update Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat
1. Download the above-mentioned files on your PC and extract these zip files.
2. Switch off your phone and go to Download mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Home” buttons and then pressing power button till you see the construction Android robot and then by pressing power again.
3. Open Odin on your PC and connect your device to it while it is still in Download Mode. If your device is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow and show the COM port number.
4. Now, you need to select the files that you need to flash/install on your device. All the files can be found in the zip files that were extracted in step 1.
5. Click on the Start button in Odin. This will start the installation process which will take a few minutes to complete.
6. After installation, reboot your device and unplug it from your PC.
If you have any question related to this article, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂