Xiaomi is quite quick when it comes to rolling out the latest security updates for its plethora of devices. The brand has gone and done it yet again. Xiaomi has started pushing the MIUI-based May 2023 Security Update for Redmi, Poco, and Mi smartphones.
This has started with the rollout of the update for Redmi Note 12 4G users in Turkey. This security update will bring in bundles of improvements and bug fixes for your devices.
Changelog for the new security update
In terms of changing, the May 2023 Security Update doesn’t mention any major new features or device-specific changes. However, the update will definitely optimize the overall performance of the system and enhance the overall security or stability for a better user experience.
Since it is a monthly patch, the update will fix many common bugs and glitches that the system might be facing.
List of devices eligible for the May 2023 Security Update
Here is the list of Xiaomi devices that will be receiving the latest May 2023 Security Update –
- Redmi Note 11 NFC IndonesiaRedmi Note 12 Pro 4G Global
- Redmi Note 12 Pro / Pro+ 5G Global
- Redmi Note 11 NFC Indonesia
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G Indonesia
- Redmi Note 12 4G NFC Indonesia
- Redmi Note 12 Pro / Pro+ 5G EEA
- Redmi Note 12 4G Turkey
- POCO C31 India
- POCO F3 Russia
- Redmi 12C China
- Redmi K40S China
- Redmi Note 12 4G Global
- Redmi Note 12 4G NFC Global
- Redmi Note 10 Pro EEA
- POCO M5 Global
- Redmi 11 Prime 5G / POCO M4 5G India
- Redmi Note 8 (2021) Global
- Xiaomi Pad 6 China
- Mi 11 Lite 4G Global
How to download and install the latest security update on your Xiaomi device?
The Xiaomi users have started receiving the latest May 2023 Security Update. This update is being rolled out in a phased manner and will be available to a limited number of users initially before it gradually gets rolled out to all users. Keep an eye on the notifications, and if you’ve not got the update yet, have a little patience, it will certainly arrive in the next few days. To manually check for the update, the users can follow these simple instructions –
- Go to the Settings menu
- Select ‘About Phone’ and click on the MIUI version
- After that, select ‘Check for Updates’
- If an update is available, download the update and install it
- Reboot once the installation is complete