In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 8 Pro : Huawei turned many heads with the honor lineup. Since then, Huawei has made a name for themselves in the budget as well as the premium market of smartphones as well. The Honor 8 Pro is a great example of their recent success. The company is doing a phenomenal job with its devices.
Huawei Honor 8 Pro was launched in April 2017. It is a high-end flagship smartphone having top-notch specifications running on EMUI 5.1 which is based On Android 7.0 Nougat. If you are a user of Honor 8 Pro and one of those who likes to install Custom ROMs on their smartphones, here we’ll be sharing How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 8 Pro.
After rooting your device you can remove the pre-install apps (bloatware), you can flash different custom ROMs, recoveries, kernels and MODs. You can use your Honor 8 Pro to it’s highest potential once you root it. This is where the sweet world of tweaking, flashing and rooting comes in. With root access and a compatible recovery, you can basically master your Android device without any issues. With root access, installing custom ROMs, flashing kernels, flashing mods is just a breeze.
- Make sure you own a Huawei Honor 8 Pro with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, follow this How to unlock Bootloader of Honor 8 Pro
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP Recovery and Root. ( Links Given )
- Download the .img file from above for your device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your Huawei Honor 8 Pro into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window, and type in the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your Huawei Honor 8 Pro device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
- For being able to root, refer to our comprehensive guide on How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learned How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 8 Pro in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.