As we already told you in our previous article about new Android 7.0 Nougat update for HTC One A9 and it is officially released by HTC and the build number of this update is 2.18.617.1.This update is rolling out via OTA (Over-the-air) and will reach you region wise so it may depend on your country when you will get the update. The update has been started to be rolling out from yesterday and will current update is available in the US.
If you have rooted your HTC One A9 then you may not get the OTA update on your device, but don’t worry today in this article we will share the download link with you guys along with installation process. If your device is n’t rooted then you can check for OTA update by Going to settings > About device > System Update. If the update is listed there, then go ahead and install it.
Those who have rooted HTC One A9 can install android Nougat with the help of our guide or those who haven’t received OTA Update notification yet.
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
->Bootloader should be Unlocked
->Mke sure you have the stock recovery
->Make sure you’ve ADB driver installed and properly working, it’s very important to have this. Click here for help.
HTC One A9 OTA Update File → Download Link
Steps to Install HTC One A9 Android Nougat 7.0 OTA 2.18.617.1
- Set Up HTC USB Drivers On Your PC
- Then setup ADB & fast boot On Your Computer. Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows Or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Then download the OTA file from the download section.
- Connect your device to Computer and Trust the connection by checking “Always allow from this computer”
- Put the downloaded OTA Firmware file inside the Fastboot folder
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder.hold the shift key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by issuing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now issue the following command to check ADB Connection
- Then run the following command to Install the OTA Update Firmware file
adb sideload <filename.zip>
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your device by running below command
- Done!!! You have successfully updated HTC One A9 to Android Nougat.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.