Apple has just rolled out the third beta version of watchOS 10.2, marking an important milestone in the software’s development for the Apple Watch. This release, known as beta 3, comes just three weeks after the first beta and a mere week following the second beta, showing a quick pace in the software’s improvement.
The update has the build number 21S5349e and is about 348MB in size, which is smaller than the previous one. This means it will take less time to install. However, this update is only for developers at the moment. Apple will soon make it available for public beta testers as well.
The release notes for watchOS 10.2 beta 3 do not mention any new features, but the update is expected to bring significant improvements. One of them is the iMessage Contact Key Verification, which is very helpful for people who need more security online, such as government officials, journalists, and activists. Besides this, the update will also include general system enhancements and some other new features.
Installing watchOS 10.2 Beta 3
For users who wish to install watchOS 10.2 beta 3, here are the steps:
- Ensure your iPhone or iPad is updated to iOS 17.2 beta 3.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- Choose Beta Updates and enable the watchOS 10 Developer Beta or Public Beta option.
- Return to the previous menu and select the download option for watchOS 10.3 beta 2.
- Confirm that your Apple Watch has at least a 50% charge and is connected to WiFi.
- After installing the beta profile, go to the Apple Watch app on your phone, tap General > Software Update > Download and Install, and then install the new software.
Once the installation of watchOS 10.2 beta 3 is complete, the Apple Watch will automatically download and transfer the update. Following the installation, the watch will undergo a restart. Post-restart, you can start exploring the new features and improvements of watchOS 10.2 beta 3 on your Apple Watch.